chloelee

[B.O.O.K.L.I.F.E]

Hey! My name is Chloe, I am an 18- year-old college student. I love reading and review YA fiction and am the co-blogger of [B.O.O.K.L.I.F.E]. I also love action moveies, cats, and tea.

Destined

Source: Good Choice Reads book tours, in exchange for an honest review
Rating: 3 out of 5 stars

Review:

The Story
In this historical romance/ adventure, a brother and his friend tries to save his kidnapped sister. The story is pretty good. I don't read a lot of historcal fiction the the concept was pretty new to me.

I was a little slower in some moments that I would have liked to to be. But lots of action to make up for it . And you know I love soem good action.

The Writing
The was also pretty good not great but good. I only say that because it was a little hard for me to undertsand at some parts. For me, at least.
The Characters

The characters were not the hightlight of the book for me. The story itself was much better. I found Avikar to be annoying, he made a lot of dumb decisions and was really selfish. He seemed to want to save his sister, not because he was worried about her but becausehe did not want to feel responsible for another siblings death.

All the other characters were otherwise boring and Jeslyn was you typical damsel in distress. The only character I really liked was Raven. A total oppisite of Jeslyn.

The Good
Was the action. I love abook with action and this one had lots of it.

I liked Raven. She was the only character that didn't make me cringe whenever they talked. And the writing was nice.

The Bad
The rest of the charcters. The just annoyed the heck out of of me.

The slow parts in the story were also a negative for me.

My Final Thoughts
I liked the book but for me it ws missing a few things. Hence, the 3 star review. But I would recommed it to people who like historical fiction.