chloelee

[B.O.O.K.L.I.F.E]

Hey! My name is Chloe, I am an 18- year-old college student. I love reading and review YA fiction and am the co-blogger of [B.O.O.K.L.I.F.E]. I also love action moveies, cats, and tea.

Destined
Aprilynne Pike
Goodbye, Rebel Blue
Shelley Coriell
Endlessly - Kiersten White Review: Let me start off by saying that I don't like leaving negative comments on books. But I feel that I have a certain duty to be honest, and honestly I didn't like this book.

Lets start with the characters. I could not stand Evie in this book. In the first two of the series I had always found her attitude and sarcasm funny. But this time around she just seemed mouthy(and not in a good way) and selfish. She was always complaining about how the paranormals were trying to use her , but it wasn't like she was trying to help anyone on her own. I think Reth said it best in this quote,
"When your[Evie]happy, you don't do anything! If you are content, the rest of the world and those who need you fall away into the background," from the book. I understand that it's pretty normal for teens to be selfish, after all I am one, but it got to the point where it made it hard to empathize with her.

The rest of the characters were just bland. Lend, Arianna and Raquel were boring and I've already forgotten about the rest of the characters. The only one I liked was Reth, even though I think readers were supposed to see him as a jerk but he was the only person(or faerie)that I found even remotely interesting.

I find it hard to explain the plot because there was so much going on. It was like three story lines in one. It went from trying to save IPCA from corruption, to saving Lend, to opening the gate for the paranormals, to saving Raquel and back to trying to open the gate. And I can't help but feel that I am leaving out something...

Anyway I really wanted to like this book but I just couldn't. Whatever I liked about the first book I did not find in Endlessly. The only reason why I didn't leave this book unfinished because once I start a series or trilogy that I have to finish it. I will say that I still like Kiersten Whites writing style and will continue to read books of hers in the future.

Final Thoughts: The plot was too over crowded and the characters to either too boring or annoying.

For more reviews visit my blog: